Tuesday 7 February 2012

Bloodhound SSC


Over the years I've become a bit of an "anorak" for Land Speed Record history, sometimes this reduces a little, especially as you concentrate on day to day hustle and bustle. Then every so often something grabs your interest and rekindles your enthusiasm.

I was pleased to be a supporting member of Richard Noble's previous projects and when they launched the Bloodhound project I thought it would be an idea to enrol my 10yr old son, Jacob, as a supporter.
Jacob, now 12, gets frequent and detailed newsletters and updates, all very well presented.

Have a look at their website http://www.bloodhoundssc.com/,

4 comments:

  1. Cool link my friend - I've just finished reading the Thrust book, a great story of personal ambition :) My old Dad worked at Beans Engineering in Tipton, West Midlands, the place where George Eyston built his Thunderbolt car in the 20s. He discovered lots of old photographic plates, drawings and even some castings from the project, but when the factory closed down, it all got skipped! He was devestated... As a boy growing up in Jersey in the 1930s, he'd watched Eyston racing MG's on the beach and was thrilled when he got to meet the man for real 40 years later. He managed to salvage a few bits n pieces when he left the factory for the last time and also wrote a rough history of the Thunderbolt - I must get it written up on my own blog sometime soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BCB, Thank you for your comment, it is really intriguing about the George Eyston connection. So much stuff must have been skipped over the years. I think it would also be interesting to dredge old ponds and rivers that are near to any workshop/ machine shop, I bet many cock ups were secretly tossed away.....I am guilty of that!
    Look forward to your blog entry, it is so good that your dad wrote those notes
    Very best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to hear you're following the project. Have a look at my flickr gallery for behind the scenes photos. Lots of exciting things happening in the next few months.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will have a look, thanks Stefan.
    Hope all is well.
    BW.

    ReplyDelete